July 06, 2015

5 Best Sunless Tanners

I love the look of healthy tan skin. I feel more confident, radiant, and young. I *cringe* looking back at some of my high school pictures. There was one period I went way overboard with the tanning and at one point had orange skin. Since I've started college, I've ended my unhealthy relationship with the tanning bed (phew!). I'm not entirely sure why it took so long for me to realize all the negative side effects of UV-rays, and I can't pinpoint a specific moment when it all sunk in, but thank goodness it finally did!

Outfit details:

Even though I haven't been in a tanning bed since high school, I still am in love with the glow a good tan gives you. I've been experimenting with healthier ways that give me that same golden glow I would get from a moderate dose of UV-rays. I've gotten a few spray-on tans, some of which turned my skin orangey, others turned out flawless. But as far as DIY tanners go- these ones are the best ones out there!

1. Clarins Self Tanning Milk. This self tanner is my #1 fav! I love the results and texture of the lotion. It gives my olive skin the perfect sun-kissed look I love.

2. LancĂ´me Self Tanning Body Lotion. This one is very similar to Clarin's, however I don't like it as much because it can give you a streaky result if you're not careful.

3. Dr. Dennis Gross Self Tanning Wipes. I love the convenience of using self tanning wipes. They're individually wrapped so you can take them on the go, and they're not as messy as lotions.

4. La Mer Face & Body Gradual Tan Lotion. This is great if you want to build up your tan. Since it's a gradual tan lotion, there won't be any problems with streaking. It also smells great! It is kinda pricy though which is why it's not my favorite.

5. Whish Self Tanning Body Butter. I love the coconut smell of this self tanner. It's gives a great color and does a fabulous job at giving your skin enough moisture throughout the day.



A few tips & tricks when applying self tanners...
  • Exfoliate your skin before applying tanner for the first time
  • Moisturize dry areas (i.e. knuckles, elbows, ankles, etc.) and palms of your hands before applying tanner
  • Be sure to pick a self tanner that suits your skin type. If you have fair skin, don't be buying a heavy self tanner!
  • Only apply a very thin layer to your hands + feet  

P.S. THIS is my all-time favorite sunscreen. I put it on my face every morning before my make-up and it smells so yummy! It's a nice matte moisturizer so it doesn't make my face shiny or sticky like a lot of other sunscreens do.

Thanks for reading!

xo,
Sara

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

theblogsocial.com said...

Love the pattern !!

CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

Tusks and Tails said...

With my Italian roots I always get a good color in the summer, but will be checking out some of these once winter hits again!

www.tusksandtails.com
@favro

Candace Howard said...

Love these photos! Pretty as always : )

Best,

Candace
www.liveloveandread.com

Kim said...

Do you know if that sunscreen is the old or new formula? I was reading reviews about how they changed the formula and people weren't satisfied, so I'm not sure which one that is.

McKenze Bauer said...

Like I said, you are so good at this stuff! So concise. You are beautiful! So fun chatting tonight.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much ladies! xoxo
Ashlee, you have gorgeous skin. I can only imagine how easy you tan ;)

Unknown said...

Kim! Great question, I didn't even know they got a new one. Bummer! I'm almost positive it's the old one, I've been using it for awhile (it lasts forever!)

Unknown said...

Love you Kenze! So so excited for you and Colby. We love Thread Wallets!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...